There is talk that the tablet will soon replace laptops and desktop PCs as the number one productivity tool of businesses. Is there any truth to this statement? Well, statistics show that the tablet sales are continuously rising, and with the unrelenting innovations made in this gadget, there is no way that businesses can afford to miss out on this opportunity to increase productivity and streamline business operations.
So, the thing with tablets is more than just a hype that will easily die down. Like the smartphone, this device will see more years to come before it can become obsolete and be replaced by a more technologically-advanced substitute. But for now, you can enjoy and utilize this small but terrible gadget to get the most out of your business situation by turning your idle time into productive endeavors, improving your business communication, and utilizing phone service provider’s—such as RingCentral—features and functions made available to your business.
But the question remains: How do you use your tablet for your business? Listed below are some of the ways you can maximize this device for increased productivity:
- Use your tablet in such a way that performing tasks will be convenient for you. For example, most users increase their productivity when using tablets by typing on a regular keyboard instead of using touchscreens. Thus, you may want to look for keyboard attachments for a more efficient performance of tasks.
- Maximize tools that let you use your tablet even while you are on the go. Examples of these are the OnLive Desktop—which allows you to remotely access your files in the office computer—Bluetooth keyboard, and other applications.
- Use your tablets when you pitch your products and service to potential clients because that is where you can maximize your device. Tablets can help you get the deals done since they are perfect for presentations and can give clients the impression of professionalism and efficiency.
- Invest in purchasing useful apps for your tablet. Don’t get stringy on these applications since, these are what empowers tablets and increases its usefulness side-by-side with portability.
- Plan your purchasing well. If you do not need bigger storage capacity, then get into the hype of buying a 32GB tablet when a 16 MD gadget would suffice. After all, you can store business data by accessing cloud storage services.
- Save precious time and money by subscribing to a data plan. Data plans are very handy when there is no free wireless access and you need to immediate access the Internet for business purposes.
- As yet, tablets do not replace the more powerful computers in your office. For some business chores, tablets may be a decent choice of gadget, but for other tasks that need excellent computing power, then you might have to use your laptop or desktop PC.
- Depending on your available financial resources, purchase the best tablet out there in the market. If you do not have the means to buy the higher-end tablets such as the iPad or Windows Surface, then scout for more affordable yet powerful tablets in order to give value to your money.
- Use your tablets to create mind maps that will help you bring out the creativity in you. Mind maps are good in generating business ideas because they help you visualize certain aspects of an idea from start to finish.