Pinging is a way in which information is passed on from one network mechanism to another. It is an ideal means to link these devices and also a technique in which correspondence between devices is made possible. For anyone who has a blog or website, pings are of prime importance, as it lets the worldwide internet know when you have included additional information or when some new posts have been added to a WordPress blog.
How do these search engines or directories become aware of this new post? How often do you ‘Ping’? Too much Pinging will result in Google penalizing you for being what is called a “Ping Spammer’. Hence, it would be advised to ping with caution.
- Set up a Ping list – A Ping list is a series of computers that scout for new content. On publishing posts, the blog sends a ping to each of these computers on the Ping list. These computers in turn send a web crawler or ‘bot’ back to the blog so as to index what has been posted. This results in the post being established by search engines. Minus a Ping list, there will be no inbound links back to your website and there is a very good chance that your efforts will be in vain as the blog will not make it to the search engine lists.
- Choose the best service – There are a long list of Ping sites available and users should choose the site that they find to be the most optimum. It is not necessary to choose a single site, as one can use a number of services at any given time. A majority of these services are automated processes and are entirely free.
- Give complete information – When filling you ping on the blog, users will need to give the following information:
– Website title
– Website link
– Feed address
Once this is complete with all the necessary information, users would just need to click on “GO” or “PING” and the job is done.
- Never Ping twice – It needs to be kept in mind that one does not have to ping twice or one should not Ping unless they have updated their site. It is only required to Ping on updating a site and that too only after 24 hours of an earlier Ping. Over Pinging is when users continuously keep pinging the blog over and over again even when they have not updated any content. This is not only a waste of time, but will not achieve any added benefits either for the blogger or the blog. In the event of search engines regarding this excessive pinging as spamming, they will automatically block the URL and/or web address. This in turn will result in the actual possession of a website redundant as it will not be indexed by Google.
- Mass Ping URLs for more efficiency – Individual pinging is very tedious not to mention time consuming. It is hence advised to resort to mass pinging. PingFarm permits mass pinging and permits one to add as many URLs as one desires. PingFarm also permits the import of a catalog of URLs from a text file where your back link URLs exist, while all this is offered free of cost.
By following these simple steps in pinging, users will be assured of increasing their page rankings, steering maximum amount of traffic to the website, creating a better impact on customers and drawing added awareness to new products and services being introduced. In the first place, it must be understood, that web content is created and added to so as to draw attention and unless this attention is activated, enhanced and search engines are able to locate your website for search easily, the entire operation is futile.