Any business cannot survive even just a day without depending on any sort of technology. Technology has assumed a central role in the successful conduct of business activities, and even in the performance of personal tasks. Without the existing technologies we have today, life would be a drag, to put it bluntly.
Perhaps a number of the most important gadgets and devices in a company involve those that are used for business communication purposes. This includes the most common devices such as the smartphones, tablets and laptops.
The abovementioned devices have already become indispensible for companies, especially if you aim to increase your productivity and efficiency. They offer several communication- and non-communication features and functions such as basic call and text, integration with the functionalities given to you by phone service providers such as RingCentral, et al, and entertainment purposes such as gaming and video watching.
Among the three gadgets, the tablet is the one that is closer to becoming an entertainment device that the other two. Aside from using it for gaming purposes, you can use this device for simpler tasks such as reading an eBook. Tablets that specialize in being an eReader abound in the market. One of these devices is the newly-released Kobo Aura HD. To know more about this tablet, continue reading the short review given below.
The Kobo Aura HD is a high-res eReader
The Japan-based company Kobo has ramped up its effort to compete with other tablets devoted to the use as an eReader, especially against one of the biggest names in that department, Amazon. The Kobo Aura HD is newest flagship eBook reader from Kobo and is set to compete with the Amazon Kindle Paperwhite.
Perhaps one of the most salient aspect of this tablet is its high-resolution screen that can stand head ans shoulder with other eReader available in the market today.
Kobo Aura HD: salient specifications
What are the advantages and disadvantages of this device? Listed below are the specifications of the Kobo Aura HD.
- The Kobo Aura HD comes with an integrated front light on top of its high-res display. While it does not have the Kobo Touch’s tactile quilted feel. In terms of design, the Kobo Aura HD features four irregular plastic panels that help the tablet fit snugly in your hand. While it is heavier than the Amazon Kindle Paperwhite at 240g, this gadget is still feels like nothing when you use the device.
- When it comes to aesthetics, this tablet comes in three colors, namely, Ivory, Espresso and Onyx. The tablet comes with simple single-touch dabs to skim through virtual pages and the the touchscreen is used for navigation.
- Before you can use this device, you are required to install Kobo Desktop App on a computer. This application lets you to purchase books and browse your device whenever you are connected.
- In terms of display specifications, the Kobo Aura HD sports a 6.8” E Ink screen that has a 1440 x 1080p, which is sufficiently high-res to compare with the Retina display of the Apple iPad. The texts are crisp and the images sharp.
- It is a good thing that Kobo added a front reading light, which allows easier reading both day and night. The screen is also respectably responsive although the multi-touch gestures present in the Kobo Touch is absent. There are also awards and statistics with regard to the user’s reading habit.
- The Kobo Aura HD possesses 4GB of internal storage, which can be expanded by up to 32GB using the microSDHC card slot.
- This device also has an excellent battery life, which if you use it for 45 minutes per day, the device can last for up to 23 days.