Samsung is undoubtedly the world leader in smartphone market and the much coveted Galaxy series has always been the talk of town for people looking for something more from their phones. Galaxy series has been in the market for a while and the latest addition to the stack is Samsung Galaxy S7.
The only other major market player which stands in the same league is Apple and while checking Galaxy S7 out you would be compelled to draw contrasts and similarities with an I-phone S series. Also, you wouldn’t find S6 and S7 very different from each other but S7 definitely has a lot to offer when it’s available in the market.
Firstly let’s talk about the features which Samsung Galaxy S7 has to offer:
- Display: Sporting a clear 5.1 inch display screen equipped with AMOLED –HD. The interesting fact is the screen is always on so you have an unblocked visibility to all sorts of notifications.
- Performance: Powered by a snapdragon 820 processor which is enhanced by a 4GB Random Access Memory (RAM)
- Camera: 12-megapixel rear-facing sensor with 95% brighter photos than the S6. Plus a f1.7 aperture and super-fast autofocus.
- Battery: 3000mAh which is powerful than the one in S6.
- Waterproof: Similar to S5, Galaxy S7 is waterproof down to One meter.
- Micro SD card slot is back with Galaxy S7.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will be in stores across the country on March 11, 2016 and is available in black, gold and silver versions. Prices are yet to be announced.
Samsung as a manufacturer catering to a world full of end users has always brought the latest technology to the market. Redesigning and better modeling are the keys to the success for this technology giant in smartphone arena. With the Galaxy series, this South Korean conglomerate brought a lot to the consumers across the globe. Samsung Galaxy S7 scores high on being refined from its predecessors S5 and S6.
The exterior body of S7 is not made with a somewhat cheap feeling plastic and Samsung has made commendable changes to the material being used to make this mobile handset. Instead of fibre, a lot of metal and glass is used. Also, the design changes with S7, makes it more comfortable to hold. The protruding camera has also been show the exit door and now the sensor is at par with other competitive models.
Following are the technical specifications of Samsung Galaxy S7:
|NETWORK||Technology||GSM / HSPA / LTE|
|Status||Coming soon. 2016, March 11|
|BODY||Dimensions||142.4 x 69.6 x 7.9 mm (5.61 x 2.74 x 0.31 in)|
|Weight||152 g (5.36 oz)|
|Build||Corning Gorilla Glass back panel (unspecified version)|
|SIM||Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|– Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)|
– IP68 certified – dust proof and water resistant over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes
|DISPLAY||Type||Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||5.1 inches (~72.1% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1440 x 2560 pixels (~577 ppi pixel density)|
|Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version)|
|– Always-on display|
– TouchWiz UI
|PLATFORM||OS||Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow)|
|Chipset||Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820|
Exynos 8890 Octa
|CPU||Dual-core 2.15 GHz Kryo & dual-core 1.6 GHz Kryo|
Quad-core 2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 + quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53
|MEMORY||Card slot||microSD, up to 200 GB (dedicated slot) – single SIM model|
microSD, up to 200 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual SIM model
|Internal||32/64 GB, 4 GB RAM|
|CAMERA||Primary||12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash|
|Features||1/2.6″ sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, Auto HDR, panorama|
|Video||2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@240fps, HDR, dual-video rec.|
|Secondary||5 MP, f/1.7, 22mm, dual video call, Auto HDR|
|SOUND||Alert types||Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones|
|COMMS||WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||v4.2, A2DP, LE, apt-X|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS|
|Radio||To be confirmed|
|USB||microUSB v2.0, USB Host|
|FEATURES||Sensors||Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2|
|Messaging||SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM|
|– Fast battery charging: 83% in 30 min (Quick Charge 3.0)|
– Wireless charging (Qi/PMA) – market dependent
– ANT+ support
– S-Voice natural language commands and dictation
– OneDrive (115 GB cloud storage)
– Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
– MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264 player
– MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+/FLAC player
– Photo/video editor
– Document editor
|BATTERY||Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery|
|MISC||Colors||Black, White, Gold, Silver|
|SAR EU||0.41 W/kg (head) 0.62 W/kg (body)|